Wednesday, May 7, 2014

The Word of the Lion

"The Word of the Lion
Hide in your heart..."

Scripture memory has always been very important to me. God's Word is "living and active" (Heb. 4:12). It is our sword (Eph. 6: 13-17), and helps us renew our minds (Rom. 12:1-2). 

Since I believe that what I think directs the course of my life, having a mind filled with His Word keeps me on the right track. Hiding it in my heart, memorizing it, keeps the Father close to me in all situations. 

Of late, my preferred method is Scripture Typer, a great online site to practice, memorize and keep track of verses.

2 comments:

  1. I always had a hard time memorizing scripture in the King James version, but after the Living Bible (remember that?) and NIV came along, it came a lot easier. It's very comforting to be able to remember the words when you (or others) need them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use mostly NIV. It is a comfort, I agree. Thanks for stopping by:)

      Delete