Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Drink Only Diamonds



I mentioned a few weeks ago about my nerdy little goal poem. I promised to let you know what it means to me and how it keeps me on track.  

I've always been surprised that the awesome album, Roar of Love by Second Chapter of Acts, didn't make a comeback with the new Narnia movies.  Here's one of the songs that inspired me.

 "you can drink diamonds, I've been told"

Water - liquid diamonds. At least I think of it that way. I lost 23 pounds last year almost solely from drinking only water. ( I do have my cup of coffee in the morning. I am a writer, after all.) The benefits of drinking more water are shouted far and wide, but if you need a reminder, here's a Lifehack link: 
10 Reasons to Drink More Water


Almost all of these little phrases have double meanings. Jesus offered the woman at the well (John 1:1-40) "living water" so that she would never thirst again. Jesus used the words living water to refer to eternal life, the gift that would satisfy her soul's desire only available through him.

So, "drink only diamonds" is a reminder to me to put my health first by drinking more water. Also, and more importantly, to remember that my only true source of life is from the "living water" that only Christ can give me.

How much water are you drinking every day?





2 comments:

  1. What an inspiration. I thought I drank a lot of water, but need to drink more. 23 lbs, wow! I'm going to print your goal poem and tape it next to my monitor. My treadmill is calling too.....

    ReplyDelete