Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Embracing the Uncomfortable



So we've got our goals written down, our mind pumped up, and the new year looks victorious! Then...we get leg cramps from going to the gym after a 5 month break, we come home from work exhausted and would rather drive through than eat the salad we diligently prepared ahead of time, and our word count is lacking for the day. The recliner looks better than the computer chair. UNCOMFORTABLE = QUIT!

Somebody posted a cute, and very true, snippet on Facebook last week. "It's time for my traditional January 1 through January 3rd diet." Something like that. I don't want to give up this year on my goals. I know you don't either. We have to face the fact that our pumped up drive and resolve will face the Enemy. 

Maybe we could look at UNCOMFORTABLE as our friend. He (let's make him a 'he', good looking, and our cheerleader, lol) gets us there, teaches us discipline, wants the best for us. Wait, that's Jesus! He's beautiful, encourages us with His Word, so wants the best for us. 

So I'm wrapping my arms around Uncomfortable. Are you with me? Normally I try to write about encouraging things, life through Love Colored Glasses. This is maybe a negative take on it, but it's where I am now.

Where are you? How do you fight the Uncomfortable?

"The most important one," answered Jesus, "is this: 'Hear, O Israel, the Lord our God, the Lord is one. Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.' The second is this: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' There is no commandment greater than these." Mark 12:29-31

No comments:

Post a Comment